Vehicles - Towed Stored and Repossessed
Release of Towed/Stored Vehicles
- The Sheriff’s Department is open 24/7 for requests for vehicle releases. The vehicle release fee is $125.00
- Immediate release of towed/stored vehicles may not be authorized due to ongoing investigations or possible criminal activity which may revolve around the vehicle.
- There may be fees imposed on the vehicles registered owner by the tow/storage facility.
- Vehicles will only be released to the registered owner or agent. Current registration and proof of insurance is mandatory on all vehicles prior to their release. If the registered owner is unavailable, a notarized affidavit allowing another person to take possession of the vehicle must be submitted to the Sheriff’s Department.
- Vehicles will only be released to a licensed driver.
- The fee for release paperwork of a repossessed vehicle is $15.00.