Records Unit - How To Get Report Copies
Open to the Public:
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Weekends and Holidays
Phone: (530) 749-7778
Fax: (530) 741-6445
The services listed below are available during the above listed hours, unless otherwise specified on a line item.
Sheriff Report Release (General)
- Incident/crime reports are available from the Sheriff’s Department per the terms of the California Public Records Act and California Government Code Section 6254(all elements) at the front counter during regular business hours.
- A local “request for information” must be completed by the requestor.
- Valid photo identification is required for picking up a copy of incident/crime reports.
- The cost for copies of incident or crime reports is $10.00 each. Victims of Domestic Violence reports will receive the first copy free of charge.
- Be advised that not all reports can be released when requested. For your convenience you may call the Records Unit to determine if the report can be released. Not all reports are Public Records (for example: Child Abuse reports, Medical/Mental Illness reports, Arrest reports not adjudicated and reports that are still under investigation, are some of the types of reports that are not releasable). If you wish to obtain a report, you must complete a written request for Public Records Release. Release forms can be obtained from the front counter at the Sheriff’s Department. Incident and crime reports cannot be faxed.
Clearance Letter/Local Background Check
- A clearance letter is a local criminal history check for records and contacts maintained for the Yuba County Sheriff’s Department Only.
- You must appear in person to make this request. A local “clearance letter of request” must be completed by the requestor.
- Photo Identification must be produced at the time of the request.
- The fee for this process is $25.00 and must be paid at the time of the request.