- To furnish aircraft and personnel for any official purpose necessary for law enforcement.
- To encourage and assist in the enforcement of federal aviation regulations.
- To aid in search and rescue missions, floods, fire, or any major disaster.
- To participate in all things that have to do with the betterment, welfare, and promotion of aviation in this area.
- To unite our members in a close bond of fellowship by our common interest in aviation and law enforcement.
The Yuba-Sutter Sheriff's Aero-Squadron (YSSAS) is a volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to providing aerial
support to Yuba County and Sutter County sheriff's department
activities. The YSSAS consists mainly of private pilots, who bring a wide variety of aircraft and flying experience to the squadron.
YSSAS support activities include (but are not limited to) search and rescue, aerial observation, and emergency transportation of
sheriff's department personnel.
The YSSAS is also affiliated with the Western States Association of Sheriff's Aero-Squadrons, through which the YSSAS hosts a bi-annual aero-squadron fly-in. These fly-in's are well attended by neighboring aero-squadrons, as well as by those from farther away. The fly-ins provide a great opportunity for pilots and other members to socialize, compare notes, and compete in friendly exercises in shooting, navigation, message drop, and spot landing.