It is the vision of the Yuba County Sheriff's Department to establish and maintain a safe community.
Building a Safe Community
Law Enforcement Mission:
Our mission is to serve the public through effective crime prevention and strong law enforcement, consistent with our core values. We are committed to working in partnership with the community to identify and resolve public safety and quality of life issues.
Jail Division Mission:
The mission of the Yuba County Jail Division is to provide the safe, efficient, humane and secure custody of all persons incarcerated. We prepare prisoners mentally and physically for their successful reintegration into the community.
- We demand the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- We will have the courage to stand between our citizens and those who
would victimize them. We will do what is right even when it is unpopular or difficult.
- We value community partnerships.
- We value the public's trust and vow to treat our citizens with respect and dignity.
- We recognize our employees as our most valued asset.
- We recognize the importance of investing in the future of the youth of our community.
- We value the implementation of best practices in the delivery of our services and we recognize the importance of reviewing our procedures, programs and performance to evaluate our effectiveness and make changes as needed.